Thursday 14 August 2014

Defending Sovereign Waters

YET MORE RELEASES AND PREVIEWS FOR DYSTOPIAN WARS, THIS TIME FOR THE KINGDOM OF DENMARK
Wow, just wow. Fantastic set of models, with the new ones arriving in a "Support Box" coming soon. Only a few new models, to be fair, but just look at the size of that Battle Carrier! New airships is always welcome as well, and I love tiny boats like these ones - classified as Assault Boats on the Facebook page, so I guess they function in a Boarding capacity. I may already have a more than enough Korsor-class Mine Layers, so it's about time for some more Capital ships! No release date on these just yet, but obviously it will be sooner rather than later.
 
The Danish have always been one my favourite Alliance Nations and I love running them alone or with Prussian allies. Their design and aesthetic is lacking in subtlety, yet somehow both smooth and sharp. Their playstyle appears unsophisticated, but actually requires a great deal of finesse given their weak armour and lack of defensive tricks - finesse, you may have noticed from recent Battle Reports, I have not yet mastered! New releases for the Kingdom are an unexpected but very welcome surprise.
Of course, this does mean I need to paint more Danish SAW tokens...
I have little doubt by the time I have posted this Spartan will have released some more images for other fleets (perhaps more Danes!), and once again my wallet will start screaming. These pictures are provided by the Spartan Games Facebook page and the great guys over at the Element270 Blog. Please don't rely on me as a news resource - these are the guys on the frontlines!

Thanks for reading,

George

No comments:

Post a Comment