Tuesday 23 June 2015

Infinity Terrain - City Cars by Antenociti's Workshop

BULABOK CITY CARS, KURIPOT PERSONAL TRANSPORTS AND TARUCA MOTORBIKES JOIN THE TERRAIN COLLECTION
Ready for the tournament at the start of the month, I painted a large number of vehicles for my Neon City board. These were bought from Antenociti's Worksop, one of the premier sources for Infinity-appropriate terrain. I have written about their products in the past, and always found them to be high quality sculpts that painted up nicely. As you can see, they were a lot of fun to paint, and very easy with just the right amount of detail for terrain - not too much to distract the eye or take up too much time painting, but enough to look great on the tabletop. 

This kind of scatter terrain really brings a table to life, and though it might not provide much in the way of blocking firelanes and covering flanks, it makes a board interesting and may even play a pivotal role in giving a lone model a much-needed cover bonus. Filling the streets with cars, abandoned or otherwise, adds a narrative element and also improves the gaming experience. 

I will not be writing much more in this post, suffice to say that I think these models were worth the investment and will be featuring on my urban boards a lot in the future! 


Nomads utilise the vehicles of the Neon City to cover their advance
Ideal height for the Alguacil!
The "parked" Bulabok City Cars are upright to take up less space, and so also provide a higher silhouette for the discerning soldier seeking cover
Purple, red and olive green bring some colour to the table
The "driving" Bulabok City Cars were painted in yellow, turquoise and blue. I always struggle with yellow, and painted the mistakes as damage and weathering (from battle or otherwise)
Contrasting colours on the headlights were fun to paint - I really enjoy working on lenses, lights and windows.

The windows on the vehicles were painted in a similar manner to my method for painting the ocean - using the same colours but with far finer lines and sparing highlights. I like the effect a lot, as you might be able to tell! Gloss varnish before the final varnish gives a subtle sheen
The Bulabok City Cars together
The Eco Pangit City Cars are a little more detailed, and look good with a two-tone colour scheme
These models will provide good cover for an infantry model
Painting the silver on the "red" City Car was a lengthy process! I am not well versed in Non-Metallic Metal
The Taruca Motorbikes offer something a little more exciting for the driver of the future
The bases are not integral, but I chose to use them to stabilise the miniature. They were painted to match the grey roads of my urban board
Some of the oddest models in the range, the Kuripot Personal Transports are simple, one-person vehicles
Compact, but with a surprising amount of storage!
The entire motor pool together - nice and colourful, with a blend of futuristic cars, industrial machinery and rugged military-style vehicles
Thanks for reading,

George

2 comments:

  1. Wow man, wow. I found your blog searching around for infinity terrain images, you absolutely knock it out of the park with all of your stuff (especially the Nomads, amazing). Consider me subscribed (when it will let me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow man, wow. I found your blog searching around for infinity terrain images, you absolutely knock it out of the park with all of your stuff (especially the Nomads, amazing). Consider me subscribed (when it will let me).

    ReplyDelete