Wednesday 30 November 2016

Ornamental Garden

SOMETHING DECORATIVE FOR THE RUINED CITY
Some months ago I made the claim that my Dropzone Commander ruined city was finished, and I would not be adding anything to it for a long time - well, here we are! A little sooner than expected, but not a huge addition - an ornamental fountain, overgrown and full of green slime.

This was purchased from Blotz, the same company I acquired the majority of my buildings from. Their MDF scenery is top notch, and it was at the recent Reading Warfare weekend that I came across their retail stand. The temptation proved too much, and I bought one of their new buildings (which you will see in the future, I trust) and this Fountain. 

Normally 20mm scale, I guessed that it would be fine as a large fountain in Dropzone scale, and that it would not look too strange. Hopefully from the pictures shown you can agree with my decision! The fountain was painted in a standard grey, with the usual growths and bushes. One of Games Workshop's Technical Paints was used for the fetid water within - Nurgling Slime or something like that. Great paint, I need to find excuses to use it again!


So there we are, a rather simply addition to the table that should add some nice flavour and provide some cover. Just watch out for any tanks driving through it!

Thanks for reading,

George

No comments:

Post a Comment